Today’s global marketplace requires global logistics services. If you’re doing business internationally or overseas, the following services are invaluable:
- Air charter and freight. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Air charter is ideal when you need door-to-door pickup and delivery anywhere worldwide. Because there is no intermediate off-loading or transfers no matter what type of cargo you’re shipping or the type, size, origin or destination of that cargo, duplicate paperwork is eliminated and money is saved. No matter what size and type of aircraft is needed, a reputable logistics service provider will ensure the most cost-effective transportation mode is used. Similarly, air freight service ensures your expedited freight is shipped in a secure, cost-effective manner, door-to-door.
- Ocean services. If your freight needs to go by sea rather than by land, global ocean freight is an excellent choice. Services include full container load (FCL) and less than container load (LCL) options as well as special equipment such as over-dimensional break bulk cargo, reefer, flat rack and open top. An expert logistics provider will handle all import customs clearance and classifications as well as local dray and inland point pickups. If necessary, your logistics provider can help facilitate marine cargo insurance placement as well.
- Customs brokerage. An essential part of international trade, customs brokerage services include document preparation and make it possible for your shipment to clear without delay. Customs brokers are well versed in the local regulations, rules, customs laws and tariffs where your shipment is headed. Make sure your customs brokerage provider is licensed by U. S. Customs and Board Protection.
- Project cargo. If you have an oversized, break bulk or heavy lift project, you’ll need a logistics service provider who knows how to handle complex, large scale transportation projects. Your logistics service provider should assist with every step of the project from plan development and management of onsite resources to the coordination of transportation capacity providers for project construction, as well as the fabrication and infrastructure schedules.
- Sometimes there’s nothing like a good old fashioned truck to get your cargo from point A to point B. Choose a logistics service provider who can meet your needs regarding load size, pickup and delivery, and all necessary customs paperwork.
With these five global logistics services, your business will be able to thrive, no matter where in the world that business takes you.